Well,I have become a true Californian (3.5 years cannot really take Bombay out of me :).One good thing about CA is loads of options for fresh and organic produce at decent prices.Believe me Trader Joes is an awesome offspring of CA!! And,its wise conclusion that I m a big fan!!
In the search for some fresh/organic ingredients (non-frozen) CWM dropped it's weight @ TJ's in Sunnyvale.Found the Basil-Garlic Linguine wheat pasta tucked neatly on a shelf.It seemed interesting to me and soon after it was in my pantry!!
Here's my version of one dish wholesome meal pasta @ dinner,so pull up your socks and relish!
1. Bell Peppers (1 e.a-sliced thinly )
2. 1/2 Shredded Carrot (cleaned and peeled)
3. 1 small egg plant (the one used in Indian curries)
4. 1 whole bunch of green onion-chopped diagonally (for garnish too)
5. 1 tbsp. soy cheese
6. 2 tbsp. tomato sauce
7.1 tbsp. olive oil-split into 2 halves (optional)
8.1tsp soy sauce
9. salt to taste (sugar if desired)
1. Simply add all the bell peppers into a pan @ med heat.Add the rest of veggies on board.This gives it the roasting effect.
2. Toss it for a while and add half portion of oil,salt,soy sauce and ketchup.
3. Turn and Toss gently until the veggies saute.
4. Salt to taste.
5. While the veggies roast drop the pasta into boiling water,add little salt.Cook until al-dante.Don't make it mushy,it spoils the whole dish making it cakey!
6. Add the al-dante pasta (put the flame off) and gently toss/ use forks to mix everything well (if you are not comfortable with tossing :P)
Move the pasta into the serving platter and dust the cheese over it along with green onion! Serve!! Add chili flakes if you like it spiced up :)